[Harp-L] Blown Out Harps

A local pro harp player and technician named Mike Peace has worked out a
solution to this problem that works for him and his clients.  He converts
(primarily) Hohner harps to a configuration that allows you to replace
individual reeds as they blow out and keeps a good supply of reeds in stock
at his shop.  I had him make a harp for me, a Special 20 in Melody Maker
tuning, and I love it.  I intend to purchase more from him as my harps blow
out because I know that as long as Mike is alive and I don't crack the comb
or something, that harp can be repaired fairly cheaply.  It's a good
solution.

Bill Kumpe
Route 66 Harmonica Club
Tulsa, Oklahoma