Re: [Harp-L] Raising or Tilting Your Amp

"Here's my question. Does anyone else use these stands as part of their harmonica amplification setup? What are the advantages? What are the drawbacks? "

I do and it's made a big difference. No sense in having the amp blow the sound at your knees, they can't hear at all. If you have a big stage and can stand well out in front of your amp, maybe not so much of a big deal. But in most cases, like at our jam, I'm a few feet in front of it.

I haven't seen any difference in feedback with it on the stand or on the floor. It's a nice lighweight foldable stand and gets the job done (I forget the name but it was recommended here). Other musicians say they can hear me better now as well.

I picked up some cheap pipe insulation (kind of like spongy long tubes that you can cut) at Home Depot and cut it and put it on the arms/legs of the stand to protect the amp from getting marked up from it also.

Drawbacks are that I a) have to remember to bring it to the jam and b) try not to forget to take it home with me.

Bill Hines