RE: [Harp-L] Bar Stool as a Harp Stand

WTF?  Did someone express interest in a barstool thread?

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rick Davis
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:21 AM
To: Harp- L
Subject: [Harp-L] Bar Stool as a Harp Stand

When I saw Charlie Musselwhite at Greeley Blues Jam he was using an el
cheapo wooden bar stool as a harp stand.  I thought that was exremely cool
because I use an identical bar stool.  I wrote about it the same day on my
blog:

http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/2009/06/charlie-musselwhite-at-greeley-blu
es.html

>From the website:  "Charlie Musselwhite uses the exact same harp stand I
do!
Check the harp case resting on the cheap K-Mart bar stool to his left. My
stage setup is identical. Check the far right on the pic below; Roadhouse
Joe playing Little Bear Saloon in Evergreen, Colorado."
I searched around on YouTube for vids of Charlie's current tour and saw that
he used the barstool in multiple venues.  I don't have much in common
talent-wise with Charlie but at least we use the same harp stand!. ;-)   As
Charlie said when he wrote me about it, the bar stool is the perfect height.
He and I both use briefcase-type harp cases which sit perfectly on top of
the flat wooden seat of the stool.  Plus, if I get tired during a long gig I
can move the harps and have a seat.
The downside is the wooden stool is not collapsable and is quite bulky.  But
it has the right vibe for a blues statge; a low-tech throw-back juke joint
kind of thing.  I like it.