[Harp-L] RE: Joys of Solid State - Now Cheap Amps

To further add to the yard sale options, don't forget there are some cheap SS PAs out there.  I've got a Realistic 35 (paid $35), which has two mic inputs and an Aux input.  Separate volumes on each input plus a Master Volume, and a 3 channel EQ.  You can pick up a cheap yard sale speaker cab (I've got a couple of suitcase style cabs from National reel to reel tape decks from the 60s) or even a cheap new one (I've also got a 4 x 8" bass quad box that was only $80 new).

The PA is quite 'clean' compared to an old tube amp, but it has multiple uses beyond harp (e.g. the kids use it for karaoke) and is very loud when cranked.

Cheers
Maka