RE: [Harp-L] Was Help! now 1st jam session advice

The point I was trying to make is a simple one.  If you are asking what key
harp to play a song in when the band is in the key of C, and you don't have
even the basic understanding to ask about a certain position (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
then I would guess you don't need to be on stage yet and might need to pay
one of the fine teachers on you tube.  Not never, just not yet.  I wouldn't
want my comment to discourage someone from learning how to play but there
are plenty of horrible harp players out there that give the instrument a bad
name. If you are in clubs you have to know this is a true statement. Isn't
that Right Wezo?

With that said, even the guys that have more guts than talent can eventually
be great with enough practice...Jason Ricci is a perfect example!  I saw a
video on you tube when Jason was really young and played horribly. Today,
many moons later he is one of the hottest players on the planet.  Now, I
think I remember reading on this site where someone mentioned an instructor
told them they had the guts to take chances and would be great one day.  I
think taking chances is a good thing and it will help you grow but some
basic understanding should be obtained prior to getting on stage with a
group of musicians or you're not helping anyone.