Re: [Harp-L] Minor Key Harmonicas

Not just minor tuned 10 holes but any of the myriad alternate tunings can allow you to play comfortably a tune that was out of reach on conventionally tuned German major. I actually play a couple of tunes in 3rd and then switch to a minor tuned harmonica and back again to the German major in 3rd because of the different voicings the two tunings offer. There are many alternate tunings for Irish music. Nobody is calling that a cheat. A lot of what Lee Oskar does is with alternate tunings many of them natural minor and I don't often hear his work disparaged. fjm