Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: tuning reeds...motors

There are rotary tools specifically made for tuning harmonica reeds. I sell one. You can get the same thing on the Seydel site. SOmebody else has one that the same, but different in that the bits are interchangeable. Me I like the smoother feel of the fixed-point tool, but ultimately like the feel of a file, sanding wands and modified pen knife for most my tuning.
Judging by the reeds I've seen, Seydel is going more to the rotary for tuning at the factory. The trend started with the 1847, which isn't all that easy to tune with a file and the tuners had to use those things to get some relief ;). I've noticed them being used on brass reeds as well recently.
I think the reason I don't use them is because I am so eccentric.

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com