Subject: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci

OoooooooooooH Abner!  You're in for a REAL treat, and I wish I was  there
to record - not only the show - but your face as you watch and  listen<G>.
I'm more than a mite envious.

"good" is the understatement of the year :)

I hope you're taking someone with a video camera - ask them not only to
record Jason and the band - but to occasionally turn the camera on you - as
you'll practically burst while trying to get your friends to realize that:
'he  just played something that can't be DONE on a harp'!!

Have you seen the following?  This is a tiny bit of what you can  expect:

South Beach, Fla. Blues Festival

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofEAdSnhnA_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofEAdSnhnA)

Cocoa Beach, Fla. in November

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLsk4mTDVV4&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLsk4mTDVV4&feature=related)

I saw him in March at Garry's Morristown gig and his hair was changed
again, so he could look different than here. Jason changes hair colours as it
suits his feelings.

It's okay. Many of us have been there, done that. It's an experience like
no other. Settle in for a long night. and DON'T forget to go up to introduce
 yourself to Jason if you get there early and also during the  occasional
breaks. Tell him you're a harp-l'er....he'll be very happy to  meet you -
always talks shop with harp players. Say hello to the guys in  the band too,
Shawn, Todd and Ed..they're terrific people and musicians.

Tell him we're friends as well, and you might give him a hug from me  :) -
I haven't seen him in a while and miss him....can't wait until SPAH  since
he's actually going to stay for the entire convention this year,  a huge
treat for the rest of us.

After you buy the latest CD, Rocket No. 9 and even Blood on the Road if
it's still available - and then come down to earth sometime in the next couple
 of days - DO write to give us your impressions/assessments -- when you
finally  get your breath back.

Trust me.

Elizabeth

*****