[Harp-L] B-Radical

The photos of the B-Radical certainly look very nice. A clean and comfortable looking design with some obvious similarities to other recent harmonicas such as the CX-12, Harmonix and Siegfried Naruhn's instruments, as well as the Safira (IIRC on the name) diatonic. The side-vents are interesting, they look potentially quite easy to use, again similar in intent if very different in execution from the Safira's sides, which also had vents on a full body cover. It's very nice to see someone coming to market with something truly new and not just another MB or LO clone.

However, this bit caught my eye:

"Our Parent Pending rees designs outperform and outlast reeds from any other manufacturer."

I keep trying to find the patent online. I've searched both the patent applications and the design patent applications pages and haven't found anything. If someone knows the patent application number please share it with the list, because I for one am very curious as to the new design.

Also, while I realize that all advertising claims are naturally skewed, I find it a bit funny to hear claims about longevity from a product that doesn't yet exist:). I know of people who have gigged the same LO reeds for twenty plus years. Perhaps the reeds last longer under certain test conditions, but it will take about twenty odd years before I think we can really begin talking about reed-life.

I look forward to buying one of these when they become available. They certainly look like a great new introduction to the harmonica market, it will be great having some new ideas in design, shape and the like out there. We've seen some great strides lately with new models, but few and far between in terms of really new designs from an ergonomic and aesthetic standpoint.

JR Ross