[Harp-L] Re: Let's talk Little Walter

The thing that always fascinated me about Little Walter is that his measures didn't always lay perfectly over the top of the measures being played. Sometimes he was a half measure ahead and sometimes he was a couple beats behind. But, harmonically, it fit. I've heard a lot of jazz vocalists do this as well. You really have to feel it rather than try to count it. It's like that secret spice that brings a recipe to life and captivates the taste buds.