Re: [Harp-L] Improvisation: long road/short road

who, me?

I'm not inflexible and rigid - am constantly reinventing myself as a  teacher
and player - do so about once every 9 months or so.

It's not unusual for a student to call me up after a hiatus of a year or  two
and I'll tell him "Remember all that stuff I taught you? - well, forget it.
Here's the new direction...."

Anyone remember the "Church of the Sacred Hut-tah Hut-tah?"

Besides, if you are totally into improv and playing from the present  moment,
it is impossible to be inflexible and rigid.

Sometimes it feels as if my critics are inflexible and rigid, though.

The Chameleon Man

In a message dated 3/2/2009 11:42:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,