[Harp-L] Bad economy effecting gigs

On 3/3/09 5:48 AM, "harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx"
<harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx> formed the electrons to say:

>>> Arnold Wiliem <arnoldw.id@xxxxxxxxx> 3/03/2009 14:15 >>>
What would be the best selection of songs for busking? any advice?

Here are few I've played on the streets, I've include authors or if
trad, early recordings or publication:

Hard Times Come Again No More, Steven Foster
Pie in the Sky, Joe Hill
Commonwealth of Toil, Ralph Chaplin
Movin' Day, Charlie Poole
All Go Hungry Hashhouse, Charlie Poole, Gid Tanner, Uncle Dave Macon
Riley the Furniture Man, Gid Tanner
Wolf at the Door, Chester Burnett
The Wolf is at the Door, Morris Bros (I think)
Waitin' for a Train, Jimmy Rogers
Soup, Soup, tune is My Bonnie, recorded by the NLCR
Great American Bum, Carl Sandburg's Songbag

I could go on and on, but have to get back to work.

Mitch

--
Mitch Rice
Arthur C. Clarke