Re: [Harp-L] Seeking PA Mixer

I've had a Mackie 8-channel powered mixer, the stereo version, for about 8 or 9 years now, and have loved it. Plenty of power. I have an older version of the 808-S. There are also lower wattage models, and they've just updated their powered mixers, meaning you could probably get a good deal right now on one of the close-out models. I have used my Mackie on hundreds of gigs, with no road case. No damage, great design protects the knobs. Easy built-in carrying handle. Can't recommend it highly enough. Has always worked perfectly, and has filled large theater-type venues, as well as really tiny rooms. When I was too lazy to bring a harp amp, I used to plug a late model JT-30VC (MC-151) straight into the PA and get an almost decent sound. (It has been a while since I've been that lazy). You can check a bunch of Mackies out here:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=ApHzTF8djVHkbFqfDfM_ft8bFt0A? p=mackie+powered+mixer&did=

------------------- Ron Sunshine Golden Bug Entertainment Ron Sunshine & Full Swing Ron Sunshine & his Orchestra Jazz, Blues and R&B from NYC 24-hour voice mail: 212-714-4510 http://www.ronsunshine.com/ http://www.myspace.com/ronsunshine http://www.youtube.com/RonSunshine (NEW VIDEO DEMO)