Re: [Harp-L] Live recording

If the sound guy is using only 5 mics then it sounds like he won't me
mic'ing the drums.  This may result in a poor recording through the board.
For a variety of good reasons I always insist on mic'ing at least the kick
drum, and the other drums will get picked up on the vocal mics.  It is not
ideal for recording, but it is better than nothing.

A better solution is to use a small digital recorder in the room.  I use a
Zoom H4 to record all our rehearsals and gigs.  The recordings are amazingly
good.

The best solution would be to get a separate audio track from each channel
on the board, plus a stereo track from the audience.  But that probably
would be impractical and cost-prohibitive.

You can edit the stereo tracks you get from the board or the digital
recorder using Audacity or similar software.  The recordings will be an
invaluable tool for your band.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/