[Harp-L] re: Bonnie Raitt,Norah Jones

Lovely version, indeed.
  There´s sort of a lesson in there, in Bonnie Raitt´s phrasing, a kind of subdued elegance that´s very impressive. (Maybe there´s even one small mistake (at 3.41) that you don´t even care about since she´s playing so great ...)
  The lesson is not to inject "energy", for lack of a better word, in this lazy groove. I play a bit of slide and I know I´d have a hard time resisting long ascending glissandi on a slow song like this; she appears to work downwards on the scale, avoiding the clichés, ending it almost casually. (After hearing Ry Cooder on "Lipstick sunset" many years ago I tend to want to play that solo over and over again ...)

  I tried playing along on the harp as well, G harp, C harp, even D harp, and found absolutely nothing I could add ... (But Howard L does great on Holly Cole´s version, early 90´s, I think.)

  Is this one on a record?

Thanks,
Marin
EGS1217@xxxxxxx

Just found this great video of Bonnie Raitt and Norah Jones dueting Live  on:

'Tennessee Waltz'...turning it into a slow, bluesy song. Listen  to two of
the most soulful ladies of today playing guitar and keyboard,  respectively.

Harp content? Not really:  except I just happened to have a G  diatonic
handy...('Harp Depot' brand given to me at my last chromatic  purchase) looks like
a SP20...OOTB, and played along....worked too.

Nice song for anyone to 'change up' as they did here, for a show.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L6MzA_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L6MzA)

Lovely version

Elizabeth