From: Doug Schroer <dougharps@xxxxxxxxx>
To: for posting Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:09 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Portable P.A. amp?

I have had good luck with the Fender 1270P Powered 10 2-Way Stage/Performance
Monitors, powered monitors that I bought to use with my PA.? I now own two.?
They are small, light, and 100watts.? They have line and XLR in as well as
volume and tone, and if used with a PA have line in and out that allow control
from the PA and chaining the two.?

I have used them one at a time, or sometimes chained at gigs.? With a small
mixer and both speakers, you have a mini PA.? I have played gigs with a single
one without a mixer, (though I usually use one of my tube amps mic'ed to the PA
for gigs).? I even used one to reinforce a small tube amp with an 8" speaker to
play a moderately loud gig.?

I have sometimes used a vocal mic or Fireball V to the XLR,? I have used a
digitech Genesis 1 with the FireballV through a transformer to the line in, and
on another occasion I used a Bad Monkey pedal with a delay in the line in 1/4"
input with a Hi-Z Shure 585V.? All these sounded good through the 1270P.? I once
had one in the trunk of my car when playing with a guitar player at a coffee
house, and the PA at the venue died.? Our act and another act (guitar duo)
played the gig through one monitor and a small mixing board to the line in.?

I love these things!