Re: [Harp-L] Sligo amps

I use the Weber 5F2H Harp Amp kit.  It was originally built up by Tungsten
Amps and later tweaked by Bruce Collins of Mission Amps.  Bruce is the guy
who designed the 5F2H circuit, based somewhat on the old Premier Twin-8.

My 5F2H differs from the stock Weber kit in a couple ways:  It is in a
bigger 5E3 Deluxe cab and it has a 12-inch Mojotone speaker rather than the
10-inch Weber.  The 10A125-O Weber speaker that comes stock with the kit is
an excellent harp speaker, btw.  My amp also has a line out that sounds
great.  Here is a picture:

http://www.davisbluesproject.com/pics/5f2hmojofront.gif

I've written about this amp at my Blues Harp Amps blog:
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/

The sound samples at my band website all feature this amp, recorded using
the line out:  www.roadhousejoe.com

I've played this amp through a 2x10 cab (two Weber vintage alnicos) and it
sounds great, but I actually pefer the sound of the amp itself with the
12-inch speaker.  It's about 10 watts -- but the line makes it sound great
in big, loud settings.  It weighs only 32 pounds.  If you're handy with a
soldering iron and a multi-meter, and you know your way around a schematic,
it is an easy build.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog