[Harp-L] custom harps, easy out of tune

Yes, playing too hard is what most players do anyway, especially if they
have not experienced a custom harp, it was the only way that they could get the
out of the box harp to play. Out of all the builders I have worked with, Joe
Spiers makes the strongest harps I have played, they are set up for Chicago
style heavy players. You really have to play far too hard to have his harps go
out of tune. He can set up for lighter players, but you know you will
probably  at some point lean into them, so just getting his stock Chicago harp would
be a  great investment. Try one, I am sure you all have spent more than that
on ebay  buying elements or older harps that turned out to be duds, just an
example, I  see the same people bidding on every cathedral mic there is. I just
buy perfect  ones from Chuck, my recent ebay purchases were horrible, black
elements that  just had horrible tone, or weak tone that not even Chuck could
help. And all  these mics on ebay are sold AS IS, so you are pretty much screwed
if you get a  $200 dud.