[Harp-L] Positions Playing

Sam sez,
I'm not saying that all right-brained players play like that but this guy
does.  I also know a guy, Frank Franz, a contributor to this list who seems
to have both sides of his brain completely involved; he knows what he's
playing not for note and digs the feel of it too, as it were.

I can only think of what is going on musically wise when I'm more in a practice mode of playing- and then I'll notice that my playing sounds kind of stiff and less inspired because I'm basically in LEARNING MODE at those times.

When I try to just play and forget all the stuff that I practiced and just trust my body and mind to take over- I do okay and  feel  that at moments I'm actually saying something worth listening to.

I hear that the best Professionals can effortlessly think and play passionately at the same time...  Now that sounds like fun because- I like to be aware of what it is I'm actually doing... Problem is, is that being a professional is easier said then done- and I'm FAAAAAR from having REALALISTIC PRO abilities!

Frank "the hackmiester" Franze