[Harp-L] Harper Rocks!

 I have to tell you that over the last year I have been blessed to
hear live several of the world's finest living harp players (
including Sugar Blue, Jason Ricci - several times-, Mark Hummel,
Magic Dick, etc) and Harper, for me, has now been added to the list.
Seeing him last night at the Outlook Hotel in Boulder, I had to wonder
why the great harmonica community of Colorado was not out there to
support him.  (If you have not heard this cat, you need to take a
deep listen!!).    I was much impressed by his soulful vocals and
prolific, intelligent song wrting, and you have to love diggereedoo
with a Bo Diddly beat, but it was his passionate, gritty harp playing
that  really rocked my world.   Yeah, he can play fast, but what
really made him  one of  my favorite players is the all the cool gut
sounds I kept hearing from his harp that I never have heard from a
harp before!  (He plays with no tricks using a tube preamp into a
rebuilt Fender bassman.  Simple enough -- these sounds were all from
him--maybe from what he has learned from kissing  that diggereedoo. )
 This guy is re-inventing the instrument and is definitely a world
class player!  Now he is living in the U.S.,  I look forward to
hearing him again when he comes back through in the Fall.  BTW,
Harper is one nice guy, and he has put together a fantastic band as
well!

	Mad Dog

	his band was fantastic as well and www.maddogharp.com [1]

Links: