[Harp-L] Cruncher on low volumes

Please allow me to clarify this once and for all. There are two ways to be
able to play the amp with great tone while practicing at low levels in your
house, or even at a small gig. The best one is to go ahead and get your full
sound, then just kick back your volume control on your mic to about 7, and the
amp will never lose its tone and you can get that Little Walter sound at a
lower  volume. As amps like to be driven to get that really good sound, that is
the  best option. The mics I sell have the indented volume pots that click on
every  number, so you know just where you are at number wise on the mic. If you
want to  put the 12AY7 preamp in the far right, that gives it a little less
edge but is  still strong, so you can use that and back off on the mic with no
loss of tone.
The other way would be simply to turn your amp's volume control down, as  the
amp again never loses its tone even at lower volumes. However, to really
feel all the juice but at a normal level lowering the mic works the best for me,
as I am in the same situation as most, my lady works in her room doing
computer  stuff, while I need to practice probably 20 yards from her on the porch
amplified, which is why I have worked on getting a great tone and being able to
 have us both do our work and the amp still gets its sound. If anyone has ANY
 questions whatsoever, please contact me off list and I will be happy to
answer  them. The amp can go from low practice level to being able to carry the
whole  Hummel blowoff by itself due to the unique mic'ing system it has. I hope
that  clears it up. Sonny Jr.