[Harp-L] RE: Larry's little secret

What are the issues in using center-tongue blocking rather than the side
tongue blocking I teach to others?

I started by center blocking only, now do side and center block.  Draw bend
with both. Pucker very rarely and only for tongue tip effects that require
it.
For me-
Disadvantages of center block-
Intervals are much more difficult.   This was the main problem for me and
required a painful jaw slide.
Slaps have less low end grunt as the exposed holes are above and below the
target note instead of all below
Tone is quite as good.
Advantages-
Slap hole one without changing sides.
Much easier for me to do blow bends and overblows with center block than
side block.

Jim R