Re: [Harp-L] Learning, Grammar and Theory

> As for simply expressing your contempt for harp players who don't
> know any
> theory you're off base.  Obnoxious harp players aren't obnoxious
> becausethey're musically illiterate; they're obnoxious because they
> have really bad
> manners and are basically obnoxious to begin with.
>
> Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh

Sam,

I went back and read the other responses to the original post regarding this matter as well as
my own and I didn't find any contempt for harmonica players who don't know any theory.

What you might be mistaking for contempt is the reality that ALL musicians, not just
harmonica players, are better with the knowledge of theory than without.

Players who know theory simply understand music better and until one experiences it for
themselves, you might tend to think that someone is coming off as obnoxious or haughty.
That is certainly not the intent.

Once you experience that aha moment you refer to, maybe then you'll understand what is
trying to be expressed in these posts.  But it's certainly is not contempt for fellow players.

regards and respect,
Roger Gonzales
fresno CA.