Re: [Harp-L] Vintage Microphone

Luciano Baptista wrote:
<A friend of mine is selling a very interesting mic and I'm about to purchase
<it but IÂd like to ask your opinion, as I'm not a mic expert...
<
<ItÂs a Calrad D-600, made in Japan... ItÂs very nice, and according to the
<guy, it was almost never used, although there are some paint problems, if I
<can say this way... it is losing paint... they are not scratches... not sure
<IÂm clear enough... sorry.. ;-)
<
<I googled it but didnÂt find anything... I was wondering how much I can pay
<for it...
<
<Ah, I didnÂt test it yet... but it seems to be good... What can you tell me
<about it?

I have a Calrad Dm-9, probably not the same mic.  It has a very nice tone for blues, but it feeds back more than any other mic in my collection.

Regards, Richard Hunter