Re: [Harp-L] Augmented Spanish Tuning : still anyone else playing?

Hi Björn, AC

I'm thrilled to hear that "I'm not alone" :-)

I have tried different MOLT tunings (modes of limited transposition).
I've settled on C-Diminished on Chromatic and LowE/Ab-Augmented on "diatonic".
I have also other tunings but don't really play them much.
This Wholetone tuning could be really interesting for classic, sort of like pan flute:
Blow: C, D, E, F#, G#, A#, C...
Draw: C#, D#, F, G, A, B, C#...
You get a decent 1,5 octaves on a 10-hole harp ;-))

Usually, I play classic/jazz/latin stuff on dimi chrom and blues/blues-jazz/oriental stuff on augmented "diatonic".

Harp recording wise, I don't have much on the internet. Esp. if you are looking for a "normal" tune. The closest might be my current band project "Orange Collective":
- Listen: http://myspace.com/ocollective
- Info & mp3: http://orangecollective.de
The song "Right On" I'm singing features a harp solo. It's played in Bb ("half-tone bend"-Position) on a LowE-Augmented "diatonic".  I would say it just sounds like a "normal" blues solo.

I can understand that people might find Dimi diatonic easier. And yes, 12-hole is nice for full 3 octaves.
On the Augmented short harp, hitting the half-tone/whole-tone bends right requires practice. And then, it still sounds somewhat dirty (Winslow's "Ode Challenge" revisited ;-).
Have you guys compared it with the layout Ludo has used?:
Blow: E, G#, C, E...
Draw: F#, A#, D, F#...
I wonder if it is easier to play with the Overblows?

Anyway, I'll be happy to keep in touch & exchange with you guys :))

best regards

Buzap

PS: Gary, just check the Eric Chafer page for sound examples (http://www.planetharmonica.com/EricChafer.htm) - and yes, it is draw bend city all the way! :-)

--
Aufgepasst: Sind Ihre Daten beim Online-Banking auch optimal geschützt?
Jetzt absichern: https://homebanking.gmx.net/?mc=mail@xxxxxxxxx