[Harp-L] Amp for harmonica

I am a member of the Florida Chapter of the Mummers marching band. I am the
only chromatic harmonica player amongst many Saxophones, Banjos, tubas and
Bass  players.
I have been using a small 35 amp amplifier and the rest of the band uses pa
systems, etc.
When the band plays, I am overwhelmed with only the harmonica. I have tried
to set it up so that I can input through a mike with using headphones to hear
what my amp is producing. However my am does not have a jack for a headphone,
 and I understand that if you input headphones, it will mute the sound coming
 from the amp.
I play by ear so that if I cannot hear my harmonica, I cannot play  along.
1. Are all amps able to accommodate a mike if it has an input jack.
2. Are there any amps you may know of where I can play through a mike
without muting the sound coming out of the amp.
3. Does anyone know of someone who may have this kind of amp for sale?
Hopefully 35 amps or better and not too heavy to carry.
Cheech (cheechmail@xxxxxxx)