Re: [Harp-L] reed rattle or buzz

The reed may be hitting the reed slot just a tad...

remove the reed plate and hold it up to a light to see if you can see where the reed end might be very close to the reed slot or it may have a burr, or the reed plate gap may have a burr.

A reed wrench works the best to move it slightly away from the edge.

If you don't have a reed wrench then you might want to try a very thin feeler gauge or maybe even dental floss to clear the burr, or move the reed away from the reed plate gap edge.

Best to always have reed wrenches!

Hope this helps...

Ken H in OH