RE: [Harp-L] Hohner new harp - XB-40 observations and examples

Hello,

I have many XB-40s and I really like them. The extra volume is great for rack playing, and also in situations where you're playing acoustically with other louder instruments. I've been gigging regularly with 2 Low D XBs and 2 G XBs for years now and they're still going strong. Occasionally I have to change valves on them but I've never had any broken or out of tune reeds yet. Being able to bend every note, you can really get these things to sound like  fiddles! Below is a YouTube of my playing an XB-40 in G that I Paddy-Richtered(3 blow tuned up a step).
cheers,
James Conway
www.jamesconway.net
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzP0JhjjPMk