Subject: re: [Harp-L] Re: Kudos and my private test

In my harmonica collection I have three Super Vampers from sometime in the 70s. Bought these for a song ten yrs ago, from a retailer out in the Swedish countryside, he thought they were some old crap, just taking up space and I nodded affirmingly ..., "Yeah, ain´t worth much," while crossing my fingers.

  Interestingy these three were Absolutely Perfect harps out of the box: In tune, no leakage, the offsets are precisely what´s needed for OB-ing, while still eminently playable with a harder attack.

  Is this just a lucky coincidence? Or where they more careful with the setups back then? Or is there a standard of sorts that have changed? (I mean in measurements etc)

 Cheers,
 Martin
Excerpted from: Buddha <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>
I just tried a key of Bb new old stock harp from the mid-70s. I can
play everything I want except 10OD. This is a decent harp for 30 years
old.