[Harp-L] Contrition......Was Kudos

"Put down by every single harp player"?  Hey I wasn't in on the pile-on, what did I miss?  Was it your (Christelle's and others') opinion about Hohners?  Ohh, Hohrrors and Hehresy!

C'mon, y'all ought to have pretty thick skin, given our axe and its oft-deserved reputation for cacophany and obnoxiousness.  So what if a strong opinion conflicts with yours? What, you want timidity?!  Timid is one thing harp players are generally NOT.

Diatonic Harps are like wines:  Unless a particular bottle is truly ruined (corked, oxidized or sloppily made), it's appeal is a matter of personal taste.  Just 'cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's "bad", it's merely for a different palate.

I'm  a Hohner SP20 user since the 70's.  I have a few others and a couple customs, but I keep coming back to SP20s.  Are they the "best"?  I don't know, maybe they're junk to you, I just prefer them.

Now, as for (put your least favorite wine here) THEY'RE ALL TERRIBLE.   Well, there are exceptions.   Aren't you an exception, too?

Oh, and Christelle, don't say you can't play, we've heard you play, no false modesty please.  Maybe we'll jam if I can get to St. Aignan this year...

-Dave Fertig

Hi all,
Since MY OPINION has been put down by every single harmonica players here
(which is the complete opposite of what say the people I've talked to), I
want to say that if this opinion has hurt some of you  I want to say that
I'm sorry it was not made to hurt anyone.

May be I've nothing to say at the end of the day. I was guessing that the
experience I've had was valuable....I was wrong.

Every events that happens in your life are teaching you something, and this is
no exceptions....It teaches me not  to speak honestly with my hear and my
experiences of things.

And by the way I don't understand why all these reactions has been like
they were....I'm no one, and I can't play.

Again I'm sorry to have hurt you....

Bye

Christelle