[Harp-L] Re: Help Please

Nick
I'll probably get flamed by purists for this, but here is my advise.
If you just want to get up and running and have some fun in a minimal amount of time, try the "u-tongue" method that Norton Buffalo teaches. Basically, you put your tongue on the harp with the tip of your tongue under the hole you want to play. Then, you allow your tongue to loosely curl into a u-shape, with a crease down the middle. (N.B., of course, explains this a whole lot better than I ever could, in his instructional video). You will be playing single note melodies in nothing flat. You can always add pucker and tongue blocking to your technique at a later time---- but you probably won't if you give up in frustration in the early stages.
That's just my two cents---Hope you have fun.