Re: [Harp-L] Paul Butterfield's Harmonica Master Class

I haven't listened to this recording for many years but I recall when I
played the cassettes (before CD) that I was impressed and inspired. I don't think I
learned anything specific.
But hey, inspiration is a great thing and the more harmonica players can get
inspired, the better they will be.

It's kind of like buying a new harp -- in a new brand or buying a custom harp
-- it inspires you to get better.

It's kind of like going to a seminar at SPAH or Buckeye -- you may not get a
huge amount of new information but you get to hang out with other harp players
and find out what they're thinking. And this indirectly also helps.

And I'm in favor of anything that does that.

Not everything that helps a harp player get better is educational and a
tutorial on exotic techniques. Sometimes it's just the feeling for the harp.
Hope this helps
Phil