[Harp-L] SFBayharpers Jam a Success!

Our 58-member SFBayharpers Yahoo Group (and East Bay Harmonica Club) had a very successful first anniversary jam (our 4th quarterly of these) at Armando's in Martinez, CA, on Wednesday night.

Businesswise, we discussed having an official presence at the SPAH Convention in Sacramento in August. It appears we will be able to do that. More later as things progress.

We had a great turnout Wednesday and a great session and thanks go to:

--
The Berkeley Jazzschool Ensemble (Winslow Yerxa, Damien Masterson,
Michael Peloquin and Steve Malerbi, plus four Jazzschool students -- Hey, Winslow, can you provide their names? Thanks! --

--
Oakland blues legend Birdlegg, who tore it up with the house band and led everyone in a sing-along chorus on Meet Me on the Corner.

-- Michael Peloquin of the jazz ensemble, who stayed around for the whole show and closed it with some burnin' harp!

-- Kelly Back for great guitar work, Kennan Shaw for equally great bass, King Cosby for fine drumming as the Hot House Band.

-- A number of SFBayharpers who blew some fine harp, plus Steve Ahola, guitar; Diane Walsh,
bass; Jim Brunelle, bass, and keyboardist Kate Moody for sitting in in various capacities.

-- Danny White
of Good Stuff Guitar Shop in Martinez and Roy Jeans, owner of
Armando's in Martinez, our venue. Without their assistance, we
couldn't'a done it. Well, OK, we might, but it wouldn't be as good or in as great a venue.

We
also gave away six great door prizes, including Jerry Portnoy's Blues
Harmonica Masterclass boxed set and a $50 gift certificate to Danny's
store.

The only semi-major glitch was that the sound man arrived
late, which truncated our jam time and cost us the sound workshop that
Danny had so carefully prepared. Our apologies to him. Because of the
late start, he and several others had very short sets on stage. We owe
you, Danny.

We have another session coming up on June 24 at Armando's.

Cheers, Bob Loomis
SFBayharpers Moderator