RE: [Harp-L] In search of harp teacher/workshop - DC

Hi Danielle,

Congrats on taking your journey. I'm about 4 years in.

I recommend getting some of the great book/cd/dvd materials that have
been discussed here (just search the list archives) and complimenting
that with some regular and occasional visits to the good instructor as a
'check up'. But some folks just need the discipline of regular (i.e.
weekly) lessons.

A fantastic player and good friend of mine, Dane Paul Russell, is down
that way for a gig at Madam's Organ once a month (last Saturday, so
probably tonight) with Bobby Parker's blues band (he's the band leader).
He might want to do something on those days, go ahead and ask him at
Monsterharp@xxxxxxxxxxx and tell him I sent you. He's a very nice guy.

Phil Wiggins I think also has regular workshops in DC. I think you'll
hear from others.

Bill Hines (PA)