Subject: [Harp-L] Prince - harmonica/Frederic Yonnet

Yes, that is Frederic Yonnet playing with Prince on Jay Leno for the  last
couple of nights.  Although he has been technically 'added to the  band', it
might not be how some people might translate it (at least I  think not)... as a
regular band member.

As far as I know from what I've read from Fred's manager,  he has been
appearing with Prince and the NPG (New Power Generation)  for a few months as a
'Special Guest' performer...which might explain why  you're hearing the dominance
of the harp in the musical mix. At the end of  the last episode (the outdoor
show) I specifically heard him say: 'come on,  Yonnet'...twice...:)

For those who might not have caught the shows, the following are full  videos
of 3 of the Jay Leno 'Tonight Show' Episodes with Prince (and  Frederic
Yonnet on harp).

  Prince plays at the end of the first episode at 38:15...when the  camera
moves to Prince's left....Fred Yonnet can be seen behind him to his  far
right...grooving to the music...he begins to play at 40:55..

With Halle Berry:

_http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1072661
_
(http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1072661)

With Paul Giamatti (Prince begins playing at 38:20)

_http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1073991
_
(http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1073991)

this time Fred's not in 'funk costume'...but wearing a plaid jacket and his
own hair ;)

...Off-topic question...did he really give that gorgeous turquoise guitar
away to the audience member who looked like he'd been poleaxed by having it
handed directly to him by Prince? (the previous night he'd tossed the  guitar he
played into the audience).

and the last show:

With Dana Carvey: Prince begins ...(this time at an outdoor concert) at
around 38:08

_http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1074883
_
(http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=1074883)