  From: Suave Blues Man
  To: Abner Galdos ; Riccardo Grosso - RGBand ; 'Tony Eyers' ; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:13 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] on line shopping

  Brothers & Sisters of the French Harp and Mississippi Saxophone, Bro' Abner,

       You might start with your local shop and see if they can help with your
  harp purchases. In the Dallas Metroplex there is Murphy's Music
  http://www.murphysmusictx.com/index.php?x=home

       Coast 2 Coast Music - http://www.coast2coastmusic.com/ is a fine source
  of several harp brands, to include: Bushman, Hering, Hohner, Huang, Johnson,
  Lee Oskar, Seydel and Suzuki.

       If you are having trouble acquiring harps send an e-mail to the shop or
  make a call. No answer...no business. It's that simple!

       Is there an harmonica organization in your area? Again, Dallas has
  http://www.hoottexas.com/ as well as seven other regional chapters. Also
  refer to SPAH - http://www.spah.org/

       Perhaps you haven't found sites like - http://www.harmonicaclub.com/ or
  http://harmonicajam.com/ to discuss brands and hear styles from around the
  world. Two nights ago I heard the Hohner Blues Band set (!), (available in
  Germany not the US), played by "German Harpist" whom is as good as any
  harper participating at the Harmonica Club forum.
  http://www.youtube.com/user/GermanHarpist It all takes patient practice.

       Buy a set of harps. Or negotiate the sale with the vendor. Aim at
  becoming an instructor so that you can afford to expand. (The story goes
  that Paul Butterfield "holed up" for several months and learned his harp.
  http://www.bluesharp.ca/legends/pbfield.html )

       Even Kay Music will be coming out with a 'seven-set' of harps in the
  near future. http://www.kayguitar.com/products/khcb7a.htm The harps are
  referred to as "upscale deluxe that is tighter and a step up in quality."
  They will also have black covers. Projected cost will be about $10 apiece.
  (No 'set' cost available at the present time.)

  Be Blues...And Jazz,

  Suave Blues Man

  P.S. Don't forget to listen to http://knon.org/ M-F 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. CST and
  use http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/artist_listing.htm when you have to
  get more information. (Lance has done a magnificent job!)

  Ref.: http://www.harmonica.com/How_to_Play_Harmonica.html - "French Harp"
  and "Mississippi Saxophone"