From: Michael Polesky, MPA <m.polesky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica at the "Hot Club" in France and Sava Nepus
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 11:16 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have any information on Sava Nepus who played in France
during the 1930's?  He was one of the "founders of the Hot Club"
which included folks like Django Reinhardt.

The reason I ask is because his son, Ira, is a great trombone player that I had
the tremendous pleasure of playing with last night at a wedding.  I was quite
surprised when he turned to me during the sound check and said "that's
beautiful, my father was a jazz harmonica player"!

I would love to know if there is any info out there.  Anything in Peter
Krampert's Encyclopedia?

Thanks,

Michael