To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica at the "Hot Club" in France and Sava Nepus

Did he record under another name by any chance?

The double CD collection "Harmonica Swing, Années 20-30-40-50" (Frémeaux FA 5096) covers swing recordings made on chromatic harmonica in France between 1935 and 1952 (despite the title which implies that it goes back to the 1920s).

Artists include Larry Adler (recording with Django Reinhardt and Stépahen Grappelli), Hubert Giraud, Danny Kane, Max Geldray, Quintette Dupont-Durand, Borrah Minevtich, Les 5 de l'harmonica, Hotcha Trio, Trio Marnhy. However, among the harmonica players listed in these various groups, no mention of Sava Nepus.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa