[Harp-L] Who the hell is Lee Sankey?

A few years back I met Lee Sankey in a small Bowling club in the tiny riverside village of  Maelstrom [near Bellingen] in NSW Australia.It was a New Years Day and my friend John was playing with The Airborne Blues Virus on the day.Amazingly this pale bald British guy [who by the way was with what seemed like a posse of stunningly beautiful young women] stepped up to us and turned out to be a really great guitarist and of cause an extrordinary blues harmonica player. Apparently Lee was just as amazed as us, that he bumped into two 'full-on' harp players 'kicking it out' in the 'middle of nowhere', on a lazy NYD.By the way [at the time] he certainly showed us 'a thing or two', he 'cut us' well and truely when he got up with the band.I really don't know much about Lee Sankey although I have occasionaly kept in contact. I was under the impression, he was possibly a record producer as well as a performer with his own Jazz style Big Band. He also certainly knew the source of rockin' blues al la Freddy & Albert King, Albert Collins, Hendrix and apparently had met Stevie Ray Vaughn? etc.
 Does anyone know 'the bio' on Lee Sankey?
LInks:
Check out his harp playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0c3WYs4MpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffoex9dyAO8