From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of EGS1217@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:49 PM
To: airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
dannyg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Heater (heated socks)

yeah...the only problem I have with the electric heating pad idea, is that
most often when my chroms are ice-cold and 'popping'  I'm nowhere near a
socket (to plug in)...or when in the car...or a Lobby jam...and the idea of

having to move a hotel's heavy sofa or loveseat to go searching for a socket

 would be counter-intuitive to improv-ing, or moving around from place to
place  the way we usually do.  Cords also trip people. Danny's use is more
for an  on-stage or room situation ...or playing when one is sitting down or

standing in  one place. The heating pads do work well....just aren't optimum

for me.

If you have something battery powered which also protects the chromatic,
you're already ahead of the game. I prefer the portability of the hand
warmers,  and suppose the pouches I designed are somewhat akin to the 'sock'

concept,  except with the ability to wear them over the shoulder or across
the
body.  I'm now working on little sleeves to keep the hot packs separated
from
direct contact with the chromatic.  Who  knows? If I get ambitious  enough,
I might just start making my chromatic pouches for friends ;)

Elizabeth