[Harp-L] Special Edition HG2

Hello,

I wanted to take a moment and share my experience while working with Brian
Purdy and Harp Gear Amps.  I am a new proud owner of the Tolex “Special
Edition” HG2.  This Saturday I drove to Ocala to meet with Brian and have a
look at this new ‘SE HG2” It’s very well constructed with particular
attention to detail.  Initially, I wanted the Tweed as my Sonny Jr. ,  two
of my harp cases and my ’58 Narrow Panel Champ were  Tweed but,  first
appearance changed my mind.  Also, I considered the Tolex to be more durable
to use.

The speaker is an 8” smooth cone Weber alnico (forgot the number) and found
it to be very responsive and suitable to my playing style.  I tend to hang
on the bottom end of the harp and also prefer lower keyed harps.   I found
the amp to be surprisingly loud for its size and breaks up nicely.

It has been a pleasure working with Brian and meeting MS. Harp Gear (Tonya)
and family!  It has been mentioned before; but Brian has always been
responsive and forthright regarding communication and support.  Brian and I
got the chance to play a few licks and he is a decent player as well!

There is no incentive but pleasure to share my experience with Harp Gear
Amps!

Thanks again Brian!

Gary C

PS  If anyone has any questions regarding the amp, please feel free to email
me off list.

-
"You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can always trim your
sails!"