Re: [Harp-L] Deep bends in tongue block

Dear David and List,

I tongue block down to hole 2 on all harmonicas I play (including low F).  Because I play only out of the right side of my mouth, I run out of room, and end up playing hole 1 as pucker. Mouth position, however, doesn't really change that much.

 As for special technique in general, the lower the note, the more pronounced the motion required to execute the bend.  Like many techniques, if you want it, you have to practice it.  Your mouth will strengthen and get more precise over time.

Dan Gage