Re: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions

I've used Sonar 3.0 for combination of MIDI sequencing and audio recording, but after awhile I started to use Adobe Audition 3.0 for audio recording - still I create MIDI parts in Sonar, then burn them to audio and import them into Audition, which gives a lot more control and better results for audio but flat out sucks at MIDI (to be fair, Sonar currently is several version past the old 3.0 that I'm still using, and may be much better now).

I used Sonar for many of the recordings I've posted to the web:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/winslowyerxa/

http://www.myspace.com/winslowtyerxa

I used the Sonar->Audition workflow for the audio tracks on the CD to Harmonica For Dummies.

As for Samplitude, Ken Deifek wrote an interesting post about it a little over a year ago:

http://harp-l.org/pipermail/harp-l/2008-April/msg00402.html

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa