[Harp-L] Subject: re: Melody Gardot - Contemporary voice of today/Christelle harmonica

Anyone who wants to hear what is the future (and present) of beautiful and
contemporary music need look no further than Melody Gardot.

A modern day 'jazz' voice although she doesn't really like being pinned
down to that description anymore than did the stunningly talented Eva
Cassidy, she thinks of herself as more of a pop singer. Plays guitar and piano.
Born in Trenton, raised in Philadelphia.. formerly a player in a  piano bar,
she was seriously injured ..run over while on her bicycle at age 19.  Her
'therapy' ended up becoming music after she tired of taking medicine...she
tells the story in this video.

An Introduction to Melody Gardot

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWy7PdZD5po_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWy7PdZD5po)

Her rebirth into a stunning vocalist ...singer/songwriter (everything on
her albums are her own songs with the exception of her cover of  'Over  the
Rainbow')...has given us all an incredible gift in several ways.

The girl is amazing. I've just picked up her two albums from Border's...and
 can't stop listening. The 2nd already shows huge growth from her first.
It's pure deliciousness.

  The healing aspect of the music worked for her: she's come back to  real
life through her music although her injuries were serious and she was left
disabled.  She certainly doesn't look or behave as though she is, although
she occasionally leans on a cane and wears tinted glasses.  She's gorgeous,
even before she became a blonde.

Harp content? Yes, there is some:...I was hipped to Melody via Christelle.
(Christellester to you who subscribe to YouTube).

One of Christelle's most recent videos was of her playing harp  behind
Melody's 'Lover Undercover'.  It's a terrific version. They  became facebook and
myspace friends...Melody then became aware  of Christelle's addition to her
song.

Last night she invited Christelle to play onstage with her in Paris (a
2-hour trip for Christelle).

Here's the result:

Melody Gardot avec Christelle Berthon:

'Lover Undercover"

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbel74QCBgc_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbel74QCBgc)

Here's the YouTube version posted by Christelle earlier:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLXjV0WDJ1A_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLXjV0WDJ1A)

Search out some of Melody's other songs, or better yet, get her CD's:
'Worrisome Heart' and 'My One and Only Thrill' (so many great songs on that
album, but especially 'Our Love is Easy'). I absolutely guarantee that you
won't  be disappointed. She was born in 1985 according to Wikipedia....good
grief, I  have 'new' furniture and an automobile older than that ;)

If THIS is the future of music, we have absolutely nothing to worry about
so people should just stop whining about the music of today, go out and buy
the  CD's and attend the shows of those artists they like and thus ensure
true talent  will continue to flourish and grow and reach the ears they should.

Elizabeth

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.