[Harp-L] Chicago

Anything going on Saturday June 13, I will be in Chicago all day, can we
get enough people together for a 4 hour seminar? I will be sitting in with
Pierre Lacocque at the Delmark Records brunch from 10:00AM - 11:30.
I will be bringing my new 410, having it shipped to Pierre who will
probably keep it. The new amp is the Cruncher of big amps, 3 different types of
speakers with the sound enhancer development, you will see it from me first,
others may or may not follow, by itself it helps, the blending of speakers
I  will not even mention sounds great, volume can be kicked up, and it has
more of  everything through all the ranges. For all 410 owners, it is
possible to have  what I am making now, but there is one drawback you can email me
privately  about. I will not try and send out any replacement kits as I have
close to 300  original amps and need to focus on what just came as a whim
and became reality  in less than 2 weeks. So anyone buying one that got great
reviews, I had my  doubts during this whole process. It all came together
today. I already have one  in line, I am building 5 Vintage Grade of these
new units, with REAL 1950's  Jensen P10R's on the bottom, silver or gold,
either the perfect ribbed ones or  the smooth coned ones you get have been
reconed, they were never designed to be  guitar amp speakers, either was the
ribbed one that is tight as a drum, which is  why Neal's of Sacremento is
sending me some special goo to break in the  surround. The cones are perfect, they
just need to move. Purest sound I have  ever heard, dead on 59 bassman,
these amps will have vintage military grade  or new military grade pots I have
already spec'd out for correct taper. An  Alpha pot, what most of us use in
production models, have been very reliable but  weigh just under 12 grams.
These beefy military grade pots I am using are over  26 grams, definitely
that tight smooth feel. Phenolic rectifier and power tube  sockets, ceramic
preamps. Cannot use phenolic for preamps, I have seen too many  of the inside
pins bend.

Nice part about this amp now that I have it completely dialed in voltage,
bias and speaker wise I can make them all consistent even with vintage
speakers.  This amp will the special line out and built in sound enhancer. PLUS,
NO TUBE  SUBBING<  So all those lazy guys who don't want to change a tube,
don't  have to, just turn the dials. If you can get past 8 on the volume
control your  mic is weak, my mics never make it past 6 and the amp is on fire.
Louder if  needed, more robust like the Cruncher, I never thought I would
change the 410,  but now I have the Super Sonny, stock model. VG Super Sonny
for vintage  grade super sonny to the next 4 that come first. Price of SS is
 $1995.00    VG SS with the two vintage 1950's Jensen P10r's,  guaranteed
for 1 year, military grade pots ( $75 just for pots) still my vintage  paper
in oil caps, looking at $2500 with cover, I will procure vintage preamp
tubes and test personally for microphonics, I am choosing to use Groove Tube
GED  style, the best they make, grade 5 or 6, and need to find out which
rectifier on  Monday. My personal amp has a lowered power transformer so the
voltage to the  plates will determine what rectifier I use stock. Best big amp I
have heard in a  long time. Does it really matter what 4 speakers I use for
the SS? Know they are  NOT any Jensen Reissue, but Weber P10Q's, and a
special speaker that pulled it  all together. Plays like butter like the
Cruncher. Beginners to pros can get  break up with much more ease now. I just had
to take the time to wrap my head  around this after two failed circuit mods.
I will answer any serious questions.  I don't see Anyone offering vintage
parts like this on special items. I just  went on Ebay and spent the money and
got the speakers rebuilt that needed it, to  build these 5 amps. I have one
super special for myself, it will have the works.  When I die my fiancee
will put it on the block starting at 20 grand. It is a  true bassman with
extra trimmings. Still interested in matched NOS power tubes.  I don't want a
vintage rectifier, too important in the circuit to have some 50  year old tube
that has not seen this voltage in a long time.
    Thank you. Very exciting stuff. Of course, my luck.  Now that they told
me I have no cure I get all these ideas. I'll take today,  that's all I
have and thank God for the inspiration to continue to push that  envelope until
it breaks. On my site I will not give out details of the sound  enhancer of
what each speaker is, just sound clips. All VG SS amps will have  FULL
documentation laminated, first signed and dated by myself. Every special  part
listed. Companies that built it. Both amps can only increase in value. I am
seriously thinking of offering a money back guarantee on the stock SS. Must
speak to customer over the phone for evaluation and what to expect first.
Then I  would feel confident about a refund, there will be restocking fee
just like  everyone else that gives a refund. Sincerely, Sonny Jr.
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377005x1201454319/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
Excfooter51609NO62)