[Harp-L] harp-l google group

As has been previously pointed out the contents of the harp-l list are
available in a more forum like format at

http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l?hl=en

Several recent additions to this groups since yesterday.  Anyone on the
internet can access this content.  The addresses are obscured so web
crawling machines cannot gather them for spamming.  What's different about
 the Goggle group versus the Yahoo group which also mirrors the harp-l
list content is that you can actually post directly from the Google group
if you are subscribed.  Personally and subjectively I prefer the Google
format to the Yahoo version.  I do find both versions difficult to search
in.  For searching I use,

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=013608849180833093060:du7nx8djues

If you do join the Google group remember to answer the question you're
asked when you join and I apologise for the delay.  All memberships have
to be approved because we had trouble with file inappropriate content
being uploaded to the site.

If you plan on posting directly from the Google group it is important that
you use the same subscribed e-mail address both on the official harp-l
list and the group version.  You don't need to get any list mail but we do
need the address to know if you're friend or foe.  Harp-l posting being
restricted to members only.  You can also post from the Yahoo group but
you'll need to use forward instead of reply when you do so.  Just type in
the harp-l address.  Again the addresses must match.  The Yahoo group
address has to match the harp-l list address or the post will just
disappear.

If anyone needs any help with any of this just reply to this message.
I'll be happy to help you get started.  harp-l-listowner