RE: [Harp-L] Suzuki's Fabulus....Rant...

 > But at the same time I do agree if I paid good money for a harp then it should come with out problems...
> Then again, when you buy a guitar they will test it for you and maybe tune it to make sure its good,,,, then the rest is up to you to maintain.....
> then again its me.
>
> abner (Blueyes, then again who knew)

There just can't be a stock harp that is going to suit just everyone.  It isn't possible.   It's a very simple (really!) yet a very big step to understand how gapping affects response and an even bigger, and similarly simple, one to learn how to do it to get the harp playing well for you.  It's much easier than tuning.  You need to be able to take off the covers and then use one simple tool.  Decent harps of the big brands don't usually come with big problems.  Hardly ever, I'd say.  The problem lies with the player's inability to make small, fast and simple adjustments.   I regapped a SP20 reed in the semi-darkness of the pub after three pints of Doom Bar last Friday and didn't even drop a cover screw on the floor (never do this over a shag-pile carpet though).   A darn sight easier than tuning a 12-string!

Steve Shaw

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/