[Harp-L] Trossingen 1993

"That photo also shows Mark Hummel, Jim McLaughlin and a very young looking
 Carlos del Junco (kneeling front left, winner of both the blues & jazz
diatonic competitions) as well as Franz Chmel, Jim Hughes and Yasuo Watani.
I'm  not in it as I was still asleep during the prizegiving ceremony when the
photo  was taken, after running sessions until the wee wee hours for 4 days
on  end."

Steve Baker

www.stevebaker.de
_www.bluesculture.com_ (http://www.bluesculture.com)

Hey, thanks Steve... I should have recognized  Carlos, and I kind of
thought it might be Mark ....although he's changed just a  wee bit from when I saw
him most recently at SPAH 2009.

The others I simply wouldn't recognize so easily,  having come to the
harmonica world fairly late in the game...but it's a nice,  nostalgic photo. It's
a shame you couldn't be there - captured for posterity,  but from reading
Jean LaBre's writings, it's obvious just how intensive the
seminars/festivities are at Trossingen.  And I thought SPAH was  tiring!

Elizabeth