[Harp-L] Just got a Fender '65 Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue

Yesterday after much deliberating and after many emails from people on this list to my questions . I finally bought a Fender '65 Blackface Princeton Reverb Reissue.

Last night was it's debut gig. I can now see why people rave about the Princeton so much.

It had to compete with two 4X10 guitar amps, piano, bass and drums. I had it on the floor behind me, set at 4 on the volume. Then put a mic on it into the PA. It cut through the band onstage with no problems whatsoever and the front of house sound was simply great. I used a JT30 with CM element in it. Nice big fat sound with just the right amount of rip to it.

I like the sound of this amp that much, that I may just sell my other amp and buy another PRRI as a back up.

I would say that Bill Barretts comment (although in reference to a SF Princeton) sum up the Princeton amps perfectly. Bill said to Steve Baker after using his SF Princeton "that is a ####### amazing amplifier... A feral steroid doped predator"

Paul