Re: [Harp-L] In which Gus is Summarily Dispatched to Eternal Ignominy

Rick Davis wrote:
I'll bet you a dollar that somewhere in your blues harp-playing experience
somebody thought you were a poor player with an uneven grasp of music
etiquette. ("Gus") Surely you didn't burst fully skilled and seasoned upon
the harp scene, having never once made a mistake.
the way Gus is normally used around here, it's about poor attitude,
not poor skills.  players with respect and humility are not the problem,
and are generally treated with tolerance, at least.  it's the arrogant
or obnoxious ones that make people hate harmonica players, which
was the point of the original post in this thread.

we were all beginners, yes. but we were not all Gus.

--
We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser